Voting

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A new perspective

I was looking through some other blogs this morning when I came upon this quote by Majorie Pay Hinckley.
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.

This quote made me really think about how I want to live my life.  When I have children I want to be there for them at all times.  I want to put my own needs second and put my families first.  I want to be able to help my neighbor when she has a hand full of groceries in one hand and a child in the other hand. I want to make a difference in someones life.  Majorie Pay Hinckley is truly a remarkable woman! She inspired me and so many other people.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote and post Megan. Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome Kate!! I'm glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete