Voting

Sunday, August 8, 2010

first week of college soccer

Let me just start out by saying this: If you love being with your family and friends then moving three states away is not recommended.  This has been the hardest thing I have had to do yet.  Its been so difficult for me to gain the concept of it all. Soccer has been amazing and its been a great experience but it has been so hard on me emotionally.  I was actually doing pretty good until today when I thought about all the great sunday dinners with my family.  I guess i took advantage of that too much because now that they are gone I'm really missing it.  I took a lot of things for grantid because now that I dont have them I am really beginning to wish I did.  Like my own room for insance, I had privacy and was able to do anything I wanted and now I have to share a room with someone I dont really know.  She doesnt like the same things I do and it makes it really really tough.  Another thing I took for grantid was the occasional dates I got with Colton or just being able to say hey I'm coming down for the weekend.  Now I cant do that anymore and Its really tough.  Or the simple little kisses on the cheeks I gave to my parents every night before bed.  Or the sweet soft wispers of I love you's from Kayden.  It has been really rough. 

Alright enough of my sob story.  Soccer so far has been pretty good.  The day we arrived we went to the soccer field and got right down to business.  We ran a couple laps then started with our ball tactics.  It was actually quite fun.  We got to know some different things about our team members and just have a great time.  The second day we weren't quite as lucky.  We woke up and had practice at nine and it wasn't the easiest thing ever it also wasn't too hard.  We had to do a bunch of obsticals, such as: ladders, push-ups, burpies, sit-ups, tires, a mile run, and a few other things.  We were busy for a little over two hours.  Then we went to lunch and at three we had soccer practice where we worked on tactics.  Thursday was probably the hardest day for me because we had to run 4.5 miles in the heat of the day.  That was for sure a killer for me and many of the other girls.  It was so insane.  Then we had the same afternoon practice.  Friday was much like wednesday was, obsticals in the morning and tactics in the afternoon.  Its been a pretty good adventure just very stressful and rough on the emotional level.  On top of all this I pulled my hamstring pretty good the first day which was a pain! I had to get a shock treatment done on it to make the muscle stronger which kinda hurt but it felt alot better once it was done!

Anyways this has been my first week in Wyoming and i'm hoping and praying that it will get better! I'll keep you all updated!

Love always Megan

1 comment:

  1. The first week is always rough. You'll get to know your team better and then classes will start and the fun will really begin! Keep smiling, all will be well.

    ReplyDelete