Voting

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hmmmm????

Wow! Its been a while since I have been on here, and must I say alot has happened. So far we have had five games.  The first one was not so pretty so we are just gonna pretend like it never happened and move onto the second one.  Our second game went pretty good we played against the University of Great Falls.  They were a really good team and had alot of great passes and great tactics.  We lost to them 3-0.  It was a fun energetic game and it helped us to know that we needed to get our heads out and play college soccer!  Our next game in Salt lake also went pretty good.  We played a great game and  learned alot of great lessons.  I learned that if you actually want to play in a game then tell your family not to come, because this is the one game that my family could come to and I played maybe ten minutes! I was very frustrated at this time, especially since I worked my butt off the practice before.  But oh well it wasn't worth the complaining over.  Now that i'm sorta caught up ill talk about our two games in Kansas.  Let me just start out by saying, HOLY LONG BUS RIDE!!! We were on the bus for over 15 hours for the way there then the same on the way back.  Our first game against Kansas went great!! We won 3-0 and played really well!! Coach was very proud of us! I was glad I at least got to play the last ten minutes, along with Jessica (the only other mormon playing soccer at this school).  Then the next day at two was supposed to be our second game but when we arrived there were no refs alligned out so we waited for an hour and fourty minutes until we finally had two show up.  It was so windy by the time we played and it was on turf so the ball would just roll for miles!  It was so insane, to watch them play soccer! This game ended in a tie after double over time.  It was a very slow paced game, and yet again me and Jessica the only two girls on the team who actually have morals, sat the bench.  It pretty much sucked because we were the only two sitting there! I'm starting to wonder if this is going to become a trend.  Anyways Soccer has been good for the most part I guess.  Other than every time I walk on the field the goalie from my team criticizes me from the time I walk on till the time I walk off.  The very first thing she said to me on our second game we ever played was: Great why the heck is she playing, she cant play for the life for her, she really should just give up on this game and find something else to do.  Then her best friend said, "oh I know, its ok Ill make sure her person is always marked since she wont do it!" That is one thing that really affected me and it made me want to just call it quits, but I didn't I held in there and tried harder the next time, only to be just as discouraged and humiliated the next game.  I never thought I was a Great soccer player but I didn't think I was completely Awful.  I guess we all get a little cocky at times and this was just my reality check for the time. 

Well I don't know if i'm gonna be here much longer but I guess if I am then I have to learn to stick up for myself and stick up for what I believe! Its already been a long journey and I'm trying to make the best of it.  Eventually it will simmer down and I'll be able to focus, but as for right now I'm just the laughing stock of the team. 

I'm gonna end with this quote that has been helping me get through: "All of us are born for a reason, but all of us don't discover why.  Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself.  It's what you do for others.

2 comments:

  1. People can say whatever they want, but we know who you are as a person, and maybe you aren't the fastest runner or the quickest on the ball, but it's a real shame that the other girls and coach don't see the real you and how hard you do bust your butt out there and the desire you have to play.! It's their loss! You know that you are a daughter of God, and it's unfortunant that they don't know that about themselves. You are already so much better then they are because you know that..Don't ever forget it. You are never alone! "Always remember to stand up for what is right, even if you're the only one standing"! We love you Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Meg! College soccer is a different ball game, there will always be tension when you take all of the best players from their high school teams and try to make one team out of them. Keep your head up and never stop working. You are not a quitter. You are in new system, playing a new position, with new people, it may take a little getting used to, but you can do it. Use your rude and insensitive teammates words as fuel for your fire. Don't be afraid to talk to your coach. Ask him what you need to work on and then do it. Work on your own if you have to. Check out Joshua 1:9, this is my favorite, I've repeated it to myself a lot through the years.

    ReplyDelete