Voting

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Everything Changes

Just when we think we have everything planned out, our direction seems to go a completely different way.  It all started when I got called to come play soccer at Northwest College in Powell Wyoming.  I had my life planned out, I knew who I was going to marry, I knew where I was going to live, I knew all my friends, and most of all I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Looking back on everything, that would have for sure been the easiest thing to do! I wouldn't have had to leave my family and friends, I could have a nice paying job, I could be living at home, getting delicious home cooked meals every night, and I also would probably be married.  Its crazy how one little thing can change EVERYTHING!!
I came to Powell with the intentions to play soccer and have an amazing time! I came here expecting to go home this summer and get married.  Well all those things happened and are going to happen.  The marriage part is just a little off.  It was so hard coming here and leaving someone I loved so very dearly.  I broke off our relationship in September just because I was being stupid.  I didn't know what I wanted and I just needed something different.  It was the hardest thing I had ever done in my entire life! I was so lost and confused and I cried night and day.  I went home a short while later and went and talked, I thought I had things figured out and ready to go again, but things just weren't working out still, I didn't know what to do.  I fasted and prayed more than I ever have my entire life. Trust issues became a huge problem and things just kept going down hill, which eventually led him to asking for the ring and everything else.  He now has a beautiful girl and I hope and pray that he is happy because that is what he truly deserves, someone that will be his everything and someone that will be there when he needs them. 
This also leads me to where I am at in life...
David and I started dating a bit after Colton and I broke up.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought I would be engaged to him.  He is one really great man though.  He treats me like an angel and I know that I will always be taken care of.  He plans on going to BYU (I know YUCK)  next year and I'm going to UVU.  We are getting married on June 25, which will be so amazing!! I cant wait to go through the temple and be able to partake in that sacred experience.  
The proposal...
For our first date we had gone on this amazing hike up the mountains, at the top there was this beautiful waterfall with a cove behind the waterfall. So this is where he took me.  Of course it was a little bit of a difficult journey, since the snow came up to my mid thigh area in some places.  It was quite a great hike but none the less it was a blast!! After his persistence and diligence we finally made it to the spot.  It was just as beautiful as I remembered it.  We hiked up into the cove, and as I was taking pictures, he was fishing around in his pockets for something.  My heart was racing because I thought maybe just maybe something was going to happen.  When I sat down and finished taking pictures, I turned around and saw him down on one knee! It was so amazing! I really am so excited.  
So even though we may think we know exactly what is going to happen in our lives, EVERYTHING can change in just one instance! It sure has for me, and yeah most of it has been overwhelming yet I wouldn't change any of my experiences for anything! They have all made me such a stronger person and I have grown so much!
Thank you to everyone that has made all of these things possible!! 



2 comments:

  1. aww MEGAN
    Congrats! this is soo exciting! :) I'm so glad everything worked out for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so excited for you!!! i love you so mucho grande!!

    ReplyDelete