Voting

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time Flies!!

Man I cant believe that its been almost two weeks already!! Its so strange starting out a new life, going through life with someone else always by your side! I figured that since I have been slacking big time I should probably update you all on my life. 
I got married in the Manti Temple on June 25, 2011.  It was the most perfect day of my life!! We arrived at the temple and had to park out in the middle of no where all because there were 18 brides just before me.  I couldn't believe how busy they were on this day.  18 Brides before 10:30 a.m. seemed pretty much insane!! Anyways it was still an amazing day!! The temple is such a beautiful place inside and out!! I'm so grateful I had the chance of getting married in it.  You walk in and there is just a completely different atmosphere! We were so blessed to have Brother Squires do our sealing.  He is a man in my ward that is completely remarkable!! It was so amazing all the blessings we were given and everything that was said to us! I couldn't have imagined a more amazing day!! One of the best feelings in the world was looking into the mirrors and seeing myself and David continue on for eternity!! I loved having us go in there by ourselves for a minute then have all our families file in one by one! Man that was sure phenomenal!! I cannot wait until I can go back to the temple!
After our amazing temple experience we took pictures for a while, then we left and went to the luncheon.  I was so hungry by this time that I could have eaten a whole cow!! But I simmered down and ate a sandwich and some chips.  It was pretty delicious and filled me right up! Thanks for all of those that helped with this! At 5:30 that night we had a ring ceremony for all those that couldn't attend the temple!! This too was a pretty cool occasion! Bishop Thomas conducted a little ceremony which was really cool.  Then he asked my dad to bear his testimony about temple marriage and the importance of it, and mostly just what it means to us and what it enables us to.  It was amazing because I had never heard my dad bear his testimony so strongly about something!! Thanks dad you rock!! Right after our ring ceremony we had a reception.  The reception was held in my backyard! It was so freaking beautiful! My dad worked really hard on getting the backyard looking in tip top shape! It looked so beautiful and I couldn't have asked for any better reception! The cake was also amazing!! My wonderful cousin Daniele made my cake and frosted the cupcakes.  I had a really pretty cupcake tree that was a huge hit!!! The food was also super delicious! We had chicken salad sandwiches, delicious strawberry lemonade, amazing chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels, cinnamon bears and many other amazing things.  My parents worked so hard on making this the best day of my life and let me tell you, it was more than that!! I couldn't have asked for a better fairytale wedding that will never end!! That's the best part of getting married in the temple, you never have to leave anyone for ever! Just for a little while!
I will never be able to thank everyone enough for all the work that was put into this phenomenal day!! It was a day I will never ever forget!
(I will post pictures as soon as I get them I promise...)

No comments:

Post a Comment