Voting

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Miracles do exist!

As I sit here typing this, I can't even begin to fathom the what if's or the how's or any of the other questions that might arise with the event that took place yesterday.  All I can understand is that miracles do take place in our times! And God is ALWAYS there!

Now let me back up.  Addilee is a big time climber, she climbs on everything! And she also loves to explore and just cause trouble.  But that is her, that is her personality.  She has recently become obsessed with stairs and ladders and anything of that sorts.  My family and I were outside taking down the swimming pool and the girls were just playing in the sand box.  Well I looked over again and Addilee had climbed up the ladder to get to the slide.  (its one of those big wooden playgrounds that has a little tower to get down the slide on) anyways she was just sitting on the base getting ready to go down the slide, which she has done by herself already, so I wasn't super worried.  I still was keeping an eye on her though.  Well, I happened to turn my back for 5 seconds and next thing I know she was crying, and not her usual mom I want attention cry.  It was a cry of distress, a cry of I need help.  I turn to see what was going on and she was hanging onto the playground and dangling.  As I was running over to her I kept thinking man she has strong arms  I can't believe she is holding herself up. My mom was thinking the same thing.  Well when I got over to her my heart dropped! She wasn't hanging by her arms, she was hanging by her head! Somehow she slipped all the way down and got her head wedged in between the ladder and the base of the slide.  She was completely helpless.  Once I got over to her, her cries had turned muffled and she didn't have much breath left.  It was all she could do to let out any sound.  (And mind you I wasn't very far away maybe only 100 feet) I quickly got her unstuck and cuddled her for a good while.  I monitored her the rest of the evening and into the night and she is just as spunky as ever! She is still my monkey and she is still my little girl!

As I am reflecting on this and after talking with my mom about it on our run last night I have come to a realization that 1. Things could have been a lot worse! It honestly could have been fatal.  2.  God watches over us even in our most helpless states.  3.  When we feel like we are alone, we never are! He is always there!
I know that without a shadow of a doubt that if anything had gone any differently Addi might not be here with us today.  If we had been in the house and hadn't heard her crying for help, If she would have snapped her neck as she fell, or if she hadn't been able to let out any cry.  I do know that with Davy being gone all week long God has sent us a few extra angels to keep watch over us.  I know this because I have felt their comfort and their protection over me and the girls.  I know that he does know of our struggles and our hardships.  I know that he is aware of our situations and that he will guide us through them if we just allow his hand.  I know that without Him I wouldn't be able to make it through these tough times of doing things on my own.  I'm so grateful for the miracle that happened to us yesterday and for the love that I felt when I knew that she was okay.  That moment that I picked her up in my arms and let her know that everything was okay, I felt picked up and comforted in His arms also!

Now enjoy some cute pictures :)
Baseball camping fun! 



I am truly blessed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment